- Can I make an appointment without a referral from a physician?
Yes, you can come to the Centre for Cognitive Therapy without a physician referral. Your insurance company may request a referral note from your family doctor in order to cover therapy.
- Is there a long waiting list for an appointment?
Although the length of wait does vary at times, every effort is made to start the process with our initial assessment as soon as possible.
- Is there flexibility with appointments? Are appointments always during working hours?
Yes there is flexibility. Regular appointments are available until 6:00 pm and there are some evening appointments available.
Insurance & Federal government
- As an employee of the Federal Government, does my insurance cover therapy at the Centre for Cognitive Therapy?
Yes, as a Federal Government employee, you have access to $2000 in coverage for Psychological services every year.
- Is Cognitive Therapy at the Centre for Cognitive Therapy covered by OHIP?
Therapy at the CCT is covered by extended health care insurance. Psychologists are not covered by OHIP, but Psychological services are covered by most insurance policies.
- Can I come to the Centre for Cognitive Therapy to get advice about psychological problems of family members or friends.
Yes, therapists at the CCT often help with the stress of coping with friends or family members with mental health or other difficulties.
- Is my privacy protected?
Yes, everything you discuss with your therapist is kept in strict confidence. No information can be released without you signing an informed consent release of information. There are some exceptional situations where confidentiality must be broken. These are: under subpoena, when children are known to be abused, or when someone is at risk of imminent harm to themselves or to others.
Do you have any other questions? Please email us your questions and we will get back to you as soon as possible.